Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Rebalancing Bitcoin Investments January 2016

January is a rough month. Bitcon price drops 10%. Fortunately, some of my investments are either tied to fiat or have high yield to counter it.


My rebalancing decisions:

  1. I am starting "three piggy banks" this year. My goal is 10% of my net salary should go to high yield investment, 10% for rainy day, 10% for social/donation. Initially, I will inject 50€ worth of Bitcoin every months and rebalance the portfolio for maximum yield.
  2. I empty my 0,3 BTC idle wallet, because the Bitcoin price is 10% down causing negative 10% yield. About 100€ rebalanced to "Loanbase AutoInvest". It is still under 1% Yield/month. Maybe because loanbase is slow on funding loans and most loans are on BTC.
  3. My self-made trading bot is still losing money. I have rebalance it last month into the minimum. So, I don't have to do it again. It is getting better though.
  4. I rebalance 50€ "BTCpop 5% APR Saving Account" into "BTCpop A-rated Pool Account". It was losing money due to Bitcoin price down. I am hoping, moving into higher yield account should offset the price fluctuation.
  5. My Bitfinex Margin Funding is going steady at 0,004% daily. So, I am not going to touch it.
  6. My 50€ capital injection goes to BTCjam Autoinvest. There are two reason it has good yield when Bitcoin price is down: First, a lot of the loans are tied to fiat currency. Second, no default loans yet, because I am a new member.
Yield calculation:
  1. The capital-growth is account-value-this-month minus last-month minus capital-injection.
  2. The yield of Trading, Pool and Margin Funding is simply the capital-growth divided by account-value-last-month. This is simple-yield.
  3. The yield of Loan Funding is simple-yield divided by 12. This is because most loans have 12 months duration.
My dream:

  • This month the total yield is 3,5% or 42% APR. This APR is bigger than in the typical Business/Property ROI in Money Race 2 game.
  • In Money Race 2 game, I can reach financial freedom in 50 turn or 1 year equivalence (1 turn=1 week). This is due to 1000+ $/€ capital injection each month. In real life, I hope I could reach financial freedom in 10 years or less with less than 100€ monthly capital injection.